Philosophy of Education


     As a future educator, it is my responsibility to strive for personal improvement and provide educational opportunities for students. I will prioritize the well-being of every student that is in the classroom. As a teacher, I believe it is my responsibility to allow students to apply their inquisition to their learning and work with others to practice teamwork skills. I will aim for my students to learn through their own experiences, collaboration, and practice working with others.

    It is also important to me to prioritize interactive opportunities in which students collaborate and work with one another. This is another way students will familiarize themselves with each other. This would create a sense of community within the classroom. Therefore, students would likely take pride in their work and feel encouraged to share their ideas with the class. I value student input and feel that this would create a classroom environment where students feel that their thoughts and ideas matter.

    I will aspire to provide my students with an environment in which they feel valued and important. Students should feel confident knowing that they can share out with the class, even with the potential of being "wrong." Mistakes are where progress is made, therefore, I want to facilitate a learning space where students feel encouraged to share and do their best. Through day-to-day conversation and taking the time to discuss with students, I will work to build a rapport with each student.

    As I go into my teaching career, I will work to provide students with the resources they need to succeed. Every student learns differently, and every student has individual needs. I will implement strategies in order to provide each student a valuable learning opportunity. I want to ensure that my students are given the tools and guidance that will support them. This can be done through hands-on learning, visual learning opportunities, collaboration, and many more. Overall, students should feel safe and valued within the school.





Comments

  1. Hi Bella, I feel like your image is me as a student too. :) I like your inclusion of collaboration in your classroom. I am reflecting after our first collaboration session with CJ and I appreciate how she had us "tell" on those we are collaborating with in a safe way. I also believe that collaboration is a crucial part of the getting to know you process and should help stabilize the hierarchy of the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bella,
    I really like how you mentioned students being in an environment where they are valued and important. In my post I talked about students being in an environment where they are safe, so I thought what you said it a perfect add on. I agree that a classroom should feel like a community because otherwise I do not think that students will feel safe enough to participate and be part of the learning community within their class. Working together happens a lot even outside of school, so students getting to practice working with each other is something I also think is important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bella,
    I appreciate that you consider personal growth to be substantial in your philosophy. Given how quickly things change and the rapidly evolving technologies, learning and gaining new knowledge to educate students is vital. Not to mention, it helps target the diverse needs in the classroom as well.

    Lastly, I absolutely love these beginning/end-of-the-year memes, there are so many good and relatable ones. I specifically like the minion's version :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment